June 8, 2012

Shoutout


As some of you may know/might have picked up, I've been doing CrossFit during my stay in NYC, which was 6 weeks long. I researched CrossFit gyms in the NYC area and found one just two blocks away from where I was living. I have never done CrossFit before. I had lifted weights, done cardio, and even attempted Insanity, but never this particular work out regime. I had seen results from handfuls of individuals online, and decided I wanted to do it. CrossFit Hell's Kitchen was literally the closest gym to where I was living, with a whopping 6 minute walk, so it was obviously fate that I had to sign up.

I am writing this to give a shout out to this amazing gym. I have never been pushed so hard in my life. And what makes the workouts, which are sometimes totally endless, seem worth it are the other individuals there to encourage you and push you to go on, while they are doing the same crazy workout as you are! The owner and head coach, Anthony Preischel, really knows his stuff. Not only does he do every CrossFit movement with ease like he was training since he was in the womb, but he does not make you feel lesser for asking questions or asking how to do a particular maneuver. I was intimidated at first just because I was unsure of what I was getting myself into, but this is something I am sad to see go. 

I have researched gyms to join in London for my five week stay there, and I look forward to joining CrossFit Tally in Tallahassee this fall. However,  I will never forget my experience at Hell's Kitchen, and can NOT wait to return when I am completing my senior internship in NYC in the Spring next year!

If you would like to visit CrossFit Hell's Kitchen you can find them HERE. If you live in the New York City area I HIGHLY recommend you join this gym, or maybe even just drop in. To say it's members are friendly is an understatement. I will miss all of my fellow CrossFitters who did the 6 AM workouts with me, and those I saw on some of the weekend workouts. 

As for New York, I will most definitely see you later. This has been an interesting six weeks, and I have learned a lot about myself. I will never forget my experience here, and I can not wait to return, this time with some friends in tow! 


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin