June 5, 2012

Winding Down

The Intrepid

Military Submarine-not sure if it is the U.S. though!







Where I spent an hour or so lounging in Central Park

My journey in NYC is finally coming to a close. It seems unreal to say I have lived here for the past six weeks, but I can not wait to get home in three days. 

I spent one Sunday walking down 12th Avenue between 49th-and 54th Street to catch a glimpse of all the Fleet Week ships. It was ridiculously expensive to get on the ships and see them, and the lines were even more absurd. It cost $25 dollars just to see the Intrepid in all it's glory. If I had the energy, and a friend, to tackle waiting in the line I might have done it, but I saw enough from outside the gates of the Piers. I also caught a glimpse of the U.S.S Roosevelt, though not pictured.

The next day I tackled Central Park. I was dripping sweat on my walk to the park, so I didn't really last too long once I had picked a spot to catch some sun. I thought being from South Florida I would have an advantage and be able to tough it out. I was wrong. It was SO hot, and no breeze. Bad combo. I read a few chapters of whichever 50 Shades of Grey I was on-- I read them so fast I can't remember!--and then I headed to a restaurant right near the park to cool off. It was a nice relaxing weekend, but definitely the most unbearable weather wise. I forgot to mention, where I am currently living has no AC....I have never been more proud of the invention of central air conditioning in my whole life....All in all Central Park was beautiful. It is EXTREMELY large, so I only tackled a small portion of it. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin