February 3, 2014

Monday Mojo: Leave Your Two Cents At Home

Sundays are usually left for pampering and cleaning up my room. Or laying in bed and watching endless amounts of Netflix and HBO Go. Oh, and sometimes work. I'll usually throw on a hair and face mask, and begin what I like to call 'Sunday Clean Day'.

However, it being my birthday weekend, it could not be spent at home looking like a scrub--or working. Thank G.  

I ended my Sunday with a mani/pedi. If you really know me, you know I bite my nails. Constantly. It is a habit that no matter what I try I can't break. I even chew through those bitter nail polishes that are meant to deter you because they taste so absolutely wretched. 

My manicurist must have been the most vocal individual on the state of my nails. I understand they are not beautiful, nor will hand modeling be anywhere in my future, but I choose to bite my nails, therefore, I know how bad they can look at times of high peak chewing. He could not shake his head enough nor stop commenting on the state of my cuticles and skin surrounding. It got to the point where I wanted to tell him to, "STFU (pardon my french to the virgin eared individuals) and finish my dang manicure." Needless to say, I will not be returning to this nail salon anytime soon. 

This inspired my Monday Mojo for you all and something to practice this week. Sometimes it is best to leave your opinion at home. Will bringing someone down really make your day that much better? Will voicing your opinion on part of someone's appearance benefit your life in any way?

This man's comments did not offended me, but his behavior was disheartening. Have we become a society that is so concerned with being heard and voicing our opinions that we can't contain ourselves? It is basically the practice of a concept our parent's have harped on us for our entire lives-- if you have nothing nice to say, do not say it all. 

Instead of contributing to the negativity that already runs rampant, here are, "20 Things We Should Say More Often," according to the ever inspiring Kid President. 


P.S. Thanks to Alberto & Diego (Victor's Cousins) for sharing this on FB over the weekend!

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin